8 aubergines, ends trimmed
4 burrata (120gm every) drained
2 liters high quality chopped tinned tomatoes
250g grated parmesan Reggiano
1 bunch contemporary basil, leaves eliminated
250g dried breadcrumbs
Additional virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper
- Place the tinned tomatoes in a saucepan, over medium warmth, and slowly cut back them by half. Reserve.
- Slice the aubergines lengthwise at about 2cm intervals
- Warmth a heavy base, giant frying pan over medium warmth, pour in some olive oil, and when sizzling gently fry the aubergines slices, in batches till they’re all tender and golden brown. You have to so as to add additional oil as you go because the aubergines soak it up fairly rapidly. When the slices are fried, season effectively and drain them on kitchen towels to soak up the surplus oil.
- Warmth an oven to 180˚C.
- Rub the edges and base of an ovenproof dish (I exploit a terracotta one or a steel dish for a country look) with olive oil after which begin by layering the underside with aubergine slices, then a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and some basils leaves adopted by a ladle of tomato sauce, a burrata ripped into items and a handful of parmesan. Guarantee every part is evenly unfold after which proceed to layer this fashion till you end with a layer of aubergine. Switch to the oven and cook dinner for 40 minutes till the parmigiana is effervescent away and the highest aubergines have begun to crisp.
- Take away from the oven to relaxation for 20 minutes after which sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs and cheese and end below a sizzling grill for five minutes earlier than serving with the remaining basil leaves.