This straightforward recipe for feta dip is fast to make, takes solely minutes to organize, and doesn’t require many substances. It is a crowd favourite appetizer for events or Sport Day!
This Simple Feta Dip Recipe Is a Go-To Simple Appetizer Thought!
I’m ALWAYS in search of straightforward appetizers to make. Whether or not it’s for an impromptu comfortable hour, a Sport Day occasion, or a snack to take pleasure in any night time of the week, this Feta Dip has change into my absolute favourite. Though it’s not the prettiest dip you’ll ever see, it makes up for that within the taste punch it packs. You solely want 5 substances, and it takes simply minutes to make. Plus, as a lot as I like this recipe as-written, there are tons of how you may make it your individual and mess around with add-ins!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Minimal substances and fewer than 10 minutes to prep!
- Naturally low-carb/keto pleasant
- It’s a chilly appetizer, which I choose after I’m bringing meals a celebration. you don’t have to fret about retaining it heat, or reheating!
- A lot taste is packed into a really minimal recipe.
Greek Feta Cheese Dip Components:
- Feta cheese crumbles. You may definitely purchase a block of feta cheese and crumble it your self, however I like to purchase it pre-crumbled strictly for ease! The purpose I maintain making with this dip is that it’s straightforward! Additionally, I REALLY like to make use of the pre-seasoned feta cheese (Mediterranean Herb) as a result of it’s a easy option to incorporate extra taste with out the work. This isn’t obligatory in any respect, although, you should use plain Feta and it’ll work nice. I do it each methods, however I do choose the pre-seasoned if I HAD to decide on!
- Olive oil. You should utilize mild olive oil or extra-virgin olive oil…it’s as much as you and your style desire! When you like the flavour of additional virgin olive oil, use that! You employ a superb quantity of olive oil on this recipe, so the flavour does come via.
- Contemporary tomatoes. You should utilize no matter sort of tomato you favor, Campari tomatoes are scrumptious on this. I seed my tomatoes as I cube them since you don’t need the seeds within the dip. YDOn’t fear about being actual (that is straightforward, keep in mind!!) however you simply don’t need the wetness of the seedy potion of the tomato within the dip. You might even use grape or cherry tomatoes too!
- Inexperienced Onions. I’m not an onion fan, however inexperienced onions are scrumptious on this recipe and also you shouldn’t omit them. Even you’re a large onion fan, you would even add small diced pink onion, however I believe a number of chopped inexperienced onion is ideal!
- Greek Seasoning. don’t let this ingredient journey you up. I exploit the Greek Seasoning, Cavender’s as a result of it’s straightforward to seek out at my native grocery store. However you should use any model yow will discover. Konriko is one other model I’ve seen too. I consider McCormick even makes a Greek seasoning mix too!
Simple Directions/How To Make It:
- Cube and seed the tomatoes, chop your inexperienced onions.
- In a bowl combine collectively the feta cheese, olive oil, and greek seasoning.
- Stir within the tomatoes and inexperienced onion and switch to a reasonably serving bowl or platter.
- Organize your pita chips or veggies across the dip and sprinkle on a number of extra inexperienced onions and drizzle a tiny bit extra olive oil on prime to look fairly.
- Serve and revel in!
What If You Can’t Discover Greek Seasoning?
No drawback! You may simply make your individual Greek seasoning mix at house! Simply combine collectively these spices and retailer hermetic:
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon floor black pepper
What To Serve With This Feta Dip:
You may serve this dip with absolutely anything you want to make use of to dip! Listed here are a number of of my favourite methods to enjoys this:
- Pita chips. That is an apparent and straightforward option to serve feta dip. Plus, they’re scrumptious!
- Pita bread. You may lower up some contemporary pits bread and serve it on that in addition to the chips…love consuming it this fashion!
- Contemporary veggies. Cucumbers, celery, child carrots, bell peppers…this record goes on and on! It is a nice dip to serve alongside facet a veggie platter or crudités.
- Baguettes. You may slice up a baguette, toast it, and spoon the dip proper on prime like little bruschetta.
- You may even use this dip as a scrumptious sandwich unfold or spooned on prime of a rooster breast!
Do You Serve This Feta Dip Heat or Chilly?
The fantastic thing about this dip (for my part) is it’s served chilly. It is a distinctive and totally different chilly dip that isn’t “the same old”. Plus, not having to fret about retaining a dip or appetizer heat once you’re touring to a celebration or tailgating is a HUGE bonus for my part!
I like this recipe as a result of you possibly can take pleasure in it as quickly because it’s made. You don’t have to let the flavors mix, however you definitely could make it upfront! I believe it’s “prettiest” when served the identical day. And style this as you’re making it and alter the seasoning to fit your desire!
- Spice it up with some pink pepper flakes!
- Squeeze some contemporary lemon juice in with the feta for a vibrant citrus layer of taste.
- Add in some black or kalamata olives for a scrumptious addition.
- Add a minced garlic clove (or two) to essentially amp up the garlic taste!
- Garnish it with contemporary parsley too so as to add slightly extra shade.
Can You Make Flip This Into Whipped Feta Dip?
Sure you possibly can! In your meals processor or blender, whip up your feta, Greek seasoning, and olive oil for 3 – 4 minutes till blended! You may then stir in your tomatoes and inexperienced onions!
What Is A Good Substitute For Feta Cheese?
Right here’s the deal, that is Feta Dip, so in case you don’t like feta cheese, this may not be the dip for you. However I’ll say even in case you don’t suppose you want Feta, that is value a shot…it’s simply THAT good! BUT if you wish to get artistic with this dip you possibly can sub out HALF of the feta for different cheeses:
- Goat cheese. That is a straightforward option to make this dip creamier with out whipping it. Goat cheese is a really creamy cheese and you’ll sub in half goat cheese for half the feta and it’ll make it tangier and creamy.
- Cojita cheese. It’s a must to like the flavour of cojita, however the textures are very comparable!
- Cream cheese will work with this however the mixing technique will change. Carry your cream cheese to room temperature combine it till it’s creamy with the greek seasoning and olive oil to mix. Then stir within the feta, inexperienced onions and tomatoes. This modifications the feel of the dip, however it’s good!
- Cottage cheese can be utilized on this recipe for half the feta as properly. This can make it very creamy and you will want to make use of much less olive oil.
- Grated mozzarella. There’s no cause this wouldn’t work!
Is Feta Cheese Good For A Keto Weight loss program?
Sure! Feta is nice for a Keto/low carb weight loss program. In truth this recipe served with sure greens is prefect for a low carb possibility!
Trying For Extra Dip Recipes? Strive These:
This easy and fast Feta Dip goes to be your new go-to straightforward appetizer!
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2/3 cup sliced inexperienced onions (about 5 – 6 giant)
- 3 teaspoons Greek seasoning (if utilizing herbed type use 2 teaspoons)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 (6- ounce) containers crumbled Feta cheese. (I like to make use of the Mediterranean herbed type)
- non-obligatory – balsamic glaze
- Mix the diced tomatoes, sliced onions, Greek seasoning, and olive oil in a big bowl. Stir to mix.
- Add within the Feta cheese and sit to include.
- To Serve: Switch dip to a shallow bowl or serving platter and prepare pita chips, or sliced greens across the dip. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Optionally available additions I like: Kalamata or black olives, minced garlic, and/or pink pepper flakes.
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, appetizer, feta dip, fast and straightforward, recreation day, no bake
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: