Laminate edging is an effective way to seamlessly mix your laminate counter tops into the encompassing cabinetry. It will also be used to cowl up imperfections within the edges of your countertop, create a lovely border, and supply some safety for the sting of your counters.
Furthermore, it’s a cheap manner so as to add an ornamental contact to your counter tops. One of the best half is, it may be put in in simply minutes with the suitable instruments and supplies. This weblog will stroll you thru the steps concerning methods to set up laminate edging on counter tops, so make sure to learn till the tip.
9 Simple Steps on How to Set up Laminate Countertop Edges:
- Choose a laminate edging that goes effectively together with your counter tops. The very last thing you need is the edging not matching with the countertop (except you’re going for a contrasting border).
- Earlier than you begin the set up course of, be sure the surfaces you need to end are clear and dust-free. You’ll be able to clear away filth from the floor utilizing a curler brush or paintbrush.
- Cowl the worktop with masking tape to stop any extra adhesive from sticking to it. This can prevent from having to wash up the messy, gooey gunk after you’re finished.
- Apply PVA glue – or an appropriate contact adhesive – alongside the laminate board edge that’s seen. You’ll want to first take away any previous glue residue from the earlier edge strip. You may also use rubbing alcohol to take away the glue if it’s not coming off simply.
- Apply the glue in lengthy clean strokes however keep away from bubbles; use a moist paper towel to wipe up extra adhesive if wanted. Wait twenty minutes till adhesive begins to kind tiny beads on the highest (at this level it is going to be sticky).
- Now fastidiously set up the edging strip on prime and safe it in place. We propose you employ a 3-way clamp to maintain the strip firmly caught till the glue is cured. This manner, the strips, and countertop edge might be pushed tight towards one another whereas drying in a single day, which can create a stable adhesion between them.
- As soon as the strip is totally hooked up to the countertop and the glue is cured, reduce the surplus space of the strip with a laminate trimmer or a pointy carpenter’s aircraft.
- Subsequent, add some ending touches to make the strips good and clean. For this, take a fine-toothed file and use it onto the perimeters of the strips till they’re according to the countertop. You may also use sandpaper after this to attain a smoother end.
- Ensure to not trim, grate or sand down the strip excessively. Doing this will expose the laminate board which won’t solely look messy however the uncovered core board can get broken from moisture over time.
One of many advantages of utilizing laminate edging is that it doesn’t require any sealing or portray, so when you’re finished with these steps, you’re all set.
Some Essential Concerns When Putting in Laminate Edging:
- Don’t put any weight on prime of freshly glued items till they’re fully cured (a minimum of in a single day). In any other case, their adhesion might be compromised which might trigger them to detach in a while down the road.
- Be sure you cowl up furnishings close by so that you don’t by accident get adhesive on them both. Preserve your adhesive off of clothes or different surfaces.
- Take away the clamp solely when the adhesive is totally dry (a minimum of 24-hours) so that you get most bonding energy.
- Ensure that your countertop is degree earlier than making use of glue to its edges. The very last thing you need is uneven edging.
- Extra glue will ooze out whereas setting the strips, so be sure to have a moist material or paper towel helpful to rapidly wipe it up and keep away from it sticking completely onto the countertop.
- When reducing the laminate strip, reduce it as near the countertop edge as attainable, preserve your blade good and straight so that you don’t have any jagged edges.
Incessantly Requested Questions:
How Can I Clear My Laminate Counter tops?
After the set up of laminate edging is full, you need to use a dampened material to wipe down your countertop. Keep away from utilizing any solvents or harsh chemical substances as they could trigger injury and discoloration.
How Do You Take away Previous Glue Residue from Counters Earlier than Putting in New Edging?
There are lots of methods to do that, you can begin with a putty knife or scraper to scrape off previous adhesive and glue residue out of your countertop’s floor. If one thing stays, strive wiping it down with rubbing alcohol so the brand new laminate edging has higher adhesion if you set up it in a while.
How Typically Ought to I Preserve Laminate Edging?
Laminate doesn’t require as a lot care and a focus as different supplies like marble. However, giving your counters common dustings will assist stop filth and dirt buildup which might injury them over time.
Is There Any Different Kind of Edging That’s Higher Than Laminate?
Properly, there are numerous edging varieties on the market relying on what you need by way of fashion, longevity, upkeep, and your finances. You’ll be able to discover quartz edging that goes effectively with most counter tops. Verify this information by Caesarstone to study extra about them and their varieties.
Should you had been questioning methods to use laminate countertop edges, now you recognize.
Laminate edging is a cheap manner so as to add an ornamental contact to your counter tops. Whether or not you need only a border or a complete countertop finished with these laminate strips, you’ll discover that that is the quickest and simplest way to take action.
So go forward and comply with this weblog’s directions fastidiously and use these steps to discover ways to set up laminate edging on counter tops. We want you the perfect of luck.