Products You May Like
Norwegian apple cake is a basic apple cake made with easy substances! Loaded with tart and candy apples, and cinnamon sugar, the buttery cake is ideal with a cup of espresso within the morning or a scoop of ice cream for dessert!
Love apples? Ensure you check out my MOST favourite Apple Pie Recipe!
This recipe was developed in partnership with my pals at Imperial Sugar.
Norwegian Apple Cake (Eplekake)
This Norwegian Apple cake is an genuine, easy cake that’s excellent. Classics are classics for a cause! Whereas I’ve by no means been to Norway, I’ve had variations of this cake all through my life. It is a butter cake is stuffed with cinnamon sugar apples, which is ideal paired with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or plain! You’ll be able to get pleasure from this apple cake for breakfast with a cup of espresso, as a day snack, and even for dessert!! However I’ll say that whereas I’m keen on having fun with this cake heat, it’s a type of muffins that (for my part) is best the subsequent day!
For the complete ingredient listing and directions CLICK HERE.
- Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced 1/2- inch thick
- Granulated sugar
- Floor cinnamon
- Salted butter (I like salted particularly on this recipe, as you don’t add any further salt and it provides taste.)
- Granulated sugar
- Massive Eggs
- Baking powder
- All objective flour
What Are the Finest Sorts Of Apples For Baking?
There are such a lot of apples to select from while you get to the grocery store! All of them look so lovely, however know that each one apples are usually not nice for baking! I nearly completely use Granny Smith apples after I bake this apple cake. These tart apples maintain their construction whereas they bake, not turning to complete mush, and are candy so their taste actually pops!
Apples To Keep away from In Baking:
Sure apples are simply too smooth, or don’t have sufficient taste to pack a punch in baking. Here’s a listing of apples that must be loved contemporary or was applesauce!
- Crimson Scrumptious
Apples That Are Nice To Bake With:
These apples are agency, candy, and slightly tart. They maintain their construction in baking and their taste actually comes by way of with out getting too mushy!
- Granny Smith
- Pink Woman
What Instruments Do You Want?
This recipe is in the end quite simple, however just a few kitchen instruments will make the method further simple!
The way to Make Norwegian Apple Cake?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- inch springform pan with nonstick spray. Put aside.
- Place the sliced apples into a big bowl. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Stir to coat evenly. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar collectively on medium pace till creamy, 2 minutes. Add within the eggs separately and blend till mixed, scraping the perimeters and backside of the bowl as obligatory. Add within the baking powder and blend to include.
- Flip the mixer to low pace and in alternating additions, add the flour and milk, starting and ending with the flour, till simply mixed. Don’t over combine.
- Assemble: Cowl the underside of the ready pan with apples. They will overlap, however you need a single layer. High the apples with the cake batter and unfold evenly to cowl all of the apples. Press the remaining apple slices into the batter vertically making concentric circles within the batter.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes, or till the cake is golden brown and set and within the heart and a toothpick comes out clear.
- Enable the cake to chill for quarter-hour within the pan. Run a butter knife across the edges after which launch the aspect of the pan.
- Slice and serve heat with whipped cream, dusted with powdered sugar, and even ice cream.
You’ll be able to amp up this recipe in some ways, which is what’s so nice about it. It’s good in its simplicity, however you’ll be able to actually get inventive! Listed here are just a few concepts to begin:
- Add sliced almonds, walnuts, or pecans to the highest of the cake!
- Add just a few teaspoons of vanilla to the batter to boost the flavour.
- Mud the entire cake with powdered sugar for an additional fairly look.
- Drizzle a candy sugar glaze icing the the highest earlier than serving.
- Add berries to the cake. This might be unbelievable with a cup of raspberries thrown into the batter as nicely!
- Use peaches as a substitute of apples!
- Add 1 teaspoon of cardamom to the batter to actually give it that Norwegian taste.
How To Retailer:
This cake is nice for as much as 3 days if saved hermetic at room temperature. It’s also possible to freeze this cake! It freezes superbly if saved hermetic for as much as 30 days. Enable it to thaw out at room temperature and revel in room temperature or heat it up within the microwave for just a few seconds!